Friday, January 11, 2008

Prayer for Today

Prayer for Today
~
Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
~
O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."
~
This is the last piece of encouragement on the bookmark that I received from Al-Anon more than twenty years ago. I wonder if Al-Anon still allows this prayer on their literature.
~
I love this prayer...it's the truth that carries me each new day.

No comments: