Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just for today

"Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration."

Funny that this is the "Just for today" for today. I just wrote the "key" on the AWOLforchristians@yahoogroups.com and it was on the character strength of Intellectual--"Quality attention and energy devoted to mental activities (e.g., I devote time to reading and study)." How funny is that?

For me, I study things that interest me--nutrition, daycare and spiritual truths. At times I focus more on one than the other.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that is a good one. I just spent a good amount of time in deep prayer and warfare. So, now I do want to mentally loafer a bit. But, I will have a happy day and study something beneficial too, today. I'm learning balance!! Wowee! Angie.

Pam Masshardt said...

Angie,

For me, I am trying the "balance and moderation in all things" motto.

Love,

Pam<><