Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just for today

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it."

This is a good one for me today. I have to "adjust" myself to my present working situation...and even though I don't want to do more work, I feel it is necessary at this time to step in and help....until my lead-teacher comes back from her maternity leave.

I WISH that I could do what I did, but it is what it is.

Just for today, I can even enjoy getting back into the teacher-mode. Happiness is a choice. Yesterday I did "circle-time" and it was fun. The children were actively engaged and told me that I was the best teacher... so that was encouraging.

Today, I can see what needs to be done and ask God for the willingness to let go of my will. I am happy that I have the ability to do the job (as unto the Lord).

JUST FOR TODAY.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to adjust myself to. Good one for today. I feel led to show up early at Christopher's school today to verify some info he gave me, to make sure it's true. I SO don't feel like doing that, want to blow it off, and enjoy the holidays. But I can't adjust the world and be in denial of truth to suit my own needs.
It is what it is and I need to obey God and trust him, IN EVERYTHING, b/c that is the key to peace!! Thanks Pam, Angie.

blairshomeschool said...

Hi Pam,

This one is a good one for me today. I am tired. I have a lot to do and I just want to crawl back in to my bed and sleep for about 3 more hours. Today is going to be a day of taking the next right step until all is done.

:o) Christine