Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just for Today

"Just for today I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."


There is a well-known book called, "Love is a choice." I agree. Love is a choice. Happiness is a choice, too... In the long version of the Serenity Prayer, it closes with "...so that I can reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next."

Life is not always in a rose garden, but I can see life through rose-colored glasses, looking at the half-full glass instead of the half-empty, which used to be my auto-pilot (my way of life).

Today, I kiddingly say that I wrote an eleventh commandment, "Thou shalt not dread." It comes from Phil. 2:14, "Do all things without arguing and complaining..."

Just for today, I can be happy... la la la la..."It is well...it is well with my soul..." (anyone know that song?) My "soul" is my emotional/spiritual connectiveness.

Just for today, I am happy. Fundamentally all is well because Jesus loves and protects me.



2 comments:

blairshomeschool said...

Hi Pam,

I love that song!! It is one of my favorites. I truly believe that the Lord wants to make us able to be happy no matter what the circumstance. He'll do that work in us, IF we allow Him to do it. We do have a choice - to trust in Him to carry all that He says He will, to trust in His goodness no matter what we see happening in our lives, and to trust that He will give "peace that surpasses all understanding" or to freak out and sit in our distress until our circumstances change. I prefer to let Him work in me so that my happiness is not dependent on my circumstances!!

:o) Christine

Pam Masshardt said...

Christine,

I agree..."my happiness is not dependent on my circumstances..."

Love,

Pam<><