Friday, January 18, 2008

turn-around

We say, "I can't figure things out..."
God says, "I will direct your steps..."
Bible verses: Proverbs 3:5-6
~
God is not an author of confusion. Sometimes I try to figure out why things are happening the way they are... and I try to reason by intelligence how to proceed, but God wants me to read His Word, follow His instructions and relax. "Cast my cares on Him."
~
Sometimes I need to sit quietly at His feet in the midst of a storm...and simply listen and let His love flow over my tired bones.
~
I know from the pit of my being that God has a plan and that plan is good. It's not always easy or fun to walk through the lessons in life, but when I am willing to accept life on life's terms, surrender and let God help me through any trial, I am fundamentally well.
~
I like the long version of the serenity prayer's line about being "reasonably" happy in this life and "supremely" happy in the next. My "steps" on earth are to glorify the Lord and edify others (help and encourage others to trust, lean-on and depend on Him--experience God's love).
~
I do that by my testimony...God, help me to always trust that You have the perfect plan, no matter how it looks to me or how I feel. Help me to turn to Your Word and "drink" it into my being. Memorizing Scripture has helped me stay close to the Lord. It's my heart-of-hearts to know and think as Jesus thinks... He loves me unconditionally, as I hope to love others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that's beautiful. The Holy Spirit is a flowin'. :) Love ya, Angie.