Monday, January 28, 2008

Tools of recovery

I am going to take the next few days to talk about the tools of recovery that keep me grounded...and free from the "need" to overeat.
~
God and abstinence are the most important things in my life without exception, because without these things I have no life.
~
For me, abstinence is following a weighed and measured food plan without sugar, flour, wheat, artificial sweeteners and other foods that could sing and dance in my head, which include nuts, rice cakes, coffee.
~
Here's what I eat on a daily basis:
~
4 oz 100% cranberry juice and 4 oz water and 1 T ground flax seeds
~
l/2 lemon in hot water
~
6 oz plain yogurt
l egg
l oz oatmeal
l teasp coconut oil
l T ground flax seeds
~
3 oz protein
8 oz low-carb veg, cooked
8 oz salad
2 teasp oil
Braggs apple cider vinegar
~
3 oz protein
8 oz low-carb veg, cooked
8 oz salad
2 teasp oil
Braggs apple cider vinegar
~
6 oz plain yogurt
l oz oat bran
l fruit
l teasp coconut oil
l T ground flax seeds
~

This is what I eat on a daily basis...period. Extra food is not an option.
~
I eat all my meals sitting down, and I always pray before I take a bite...thanking God for my abstinence and asking if the meal is guilt-free.

When I go out to lunch or dinner, I bring my scale and measure my protein. I also bring my salad dressing. I order a good-sized salad and 2 sides of cooked vegetables (being sure that they are sugar and flour free).
~
I don't overeat no matter what...no matter what I don't overeat.
~
When I first got abstinent, I memorized a couple of lines that stand firm in my heart and mind still today (over nineteen years later). Whenever a food thought comes to mind, I say these lines,
~
"My food is my food and everything else is not my food. It is not an option to overeat no matter what is happening in my circumstances or how I feel."
~
Then I practice what I have learned in program. The tools that I lean on next are literature and phone calls. We'll talk about these tools tomorrow.

No comments: