Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just for today

"Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision."
I smiled when I read this "just of today" today. Hurry and indecision were my way-of-life...or compulsively jumping into a decision before prayerfully examining my needs and how the course of action would effect myself or my family.
Today, I make a mindful effort to slow down...to be here now...and prayerfully consider God's will versus my self-centered (co-dependent) thinking.
My "program" is the l2-step way of life, although I attend 90dayOA to stay free from the thoughts of overeating, and I go to a face-to-face and a phone 12-steps for Christians meeting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, just for today I will have a program, I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it and work it through everything I do, I will do my best to focus. I will save my self from two pests, hurry and indecision, and....stress. I will not stress about anything. Stay in today, God is in control, imitate Christ's humility. And, oh yeah, I can't do any of this on my own...God help me :).
A

blairshomeschool said...

"Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision."

This is my food plan. It is such a blessing to know what I am going to eat at each meal and how much, to not approach a meal trying to figure it all out.

:o) Christine

Pam Masshardt said...

Amen to both of you. I am with you, girls.

Love,

Pam<><